“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
If you adore all the Harry Potter books and films, as I do, you definitely know where this quote comes from and especially who said it: the wise old wizard Albus Dumbledore. And surely the best school principle ever.
It is amazing how time flies – I remember it as if it happened yesterday. I started the first Harry Potter book when I was maybe 10 or 11 and it was like in a dreamworld. I could not stop reading and had to continue with all the books. I could not wait for the next books to come out. As I started “late”, the majority was still published, waiting was not too hard. But once finished, it seemed unreal and strange that it was over.
With this 7 books, J. K. Rowling changed the life of many, many, many children and adolescents, that are now grown-up and still devoted to the books and its charakters:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (1998)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2003)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2005)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007)
Now, in 2016, after so many years, there is every reason to celebrate. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the script of the stage play, came out. The story starts 19 years after the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Let us explore this new perspective.
Do you want more books about the magic world of Harry Potter and his friends? Maybe you like this literary treasures:
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard
- Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies
And even, when the time may come, that there won’t be any new books related to Harry Potter, remember one thing: this magic dreamworld and childhood memory will live on in our hearts.
“In dreams, we enter a world that’s entirely our own.”